Distinctive Relocation has provided professional residential relocation services for DC, MD and VA since 1979. Unlike larger companies managing tens of thousands of moves, we offer a more personal approach that is always flexible in dealing with our client's needs. Our commitment is to make relocation easy and worry-free for you, the owner. Our many referrals from satisfied clients indicate that we are successfully achieving our goals, and we would like to do the same for you.
OUR RELOCATION LEADERS
Andrew Reamer: Broker/Owner
LICENSED: VA, MD & D.C
Mr. Reamer graduated from Virginia Tech University in 2004 and by 2008 was a Co-Owner, Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) and Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Matt Martin Real Estate Management, LLC, (MMREM) a company with nationwide heft that was lauded in INC. 500 Magazine as the 114th Fastest Growing Company of 2012.
During his four years as CAO/COO of MMREM, Andrew oversaw the development of a 1,000 network of broker/vendors, overseeing the management and marketing of over 30,000 Single-Family Residential Units (over $1 Billion in Sales Volume) across 16 states that would assist MMREM in servicing contracts with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). These HUD contracts resulted in the management, marketing and selling of tens of thousands of single family residential properties.
Andrew is the Broker/Owner of RE/MAX Distinctive Real Estate, serving DC/MD/VA as a listing broker for a multitude of financing institutions, asset management companies, local municipalities and state governments.
|Grannies Badu: Relocation Director|
Originally a teacher by profession, Grannies switched careers into Management and has accumulated over 25 years of experience in Training, Client Services and Management. She is performance-driven with a stellar record of success, leading teams and managing service operations, while meeting the time-sensitive needs of clients.
Grannies has over 14 years Real Estate experience involving virtually every aspect of the business. Prior to joining RE/MAX Distinctive, Grannies managed the Century 21 New Millennium office in McLean, VA and Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage Office also in McLean, VA. Grannies was very instrumental in the massive growth and improvement of the overall condition of both companies as she is with RE/MAX Distinctive office. She implemented systems in place to ensure the office run efficiently and smoothly, increased the number of agents and production.
Highly respected throughout the industry, Grannies has a solid reputation as an innovative, passionate leader who delivers measurable results. Her number one goal is to lead the RE/MAX Distinctive network in all aspects of growth – market share, agent count, brand presence and more. To a large degree, this entails helping brokers and agents maximize the tools, training, technology and culture to make their careers more rewarding.
Grannies’ pleasant demeanor, along with her professional experience and broad knowledge in operational and management services have contributed to her exemplary leadership.
James Dargue: Deputy Relocation Director
James has been in the real estate business for 20 years. After being with one of the top Title companies in Northern Virginia for 5 years he joined Monarch Title in 2004. He became a co-owner managing partner in 2006 and managed the Dulles corrider and Prince George's county operations through 2018. James was instrumental in the growth of Monarch title from a single office in McLean VA, to 9 offices serving DC, MD and VA. He is licensed in VA, MD and DC and currently is the Relocation Director of RE/MAX Distinctive Real Estate and licensed Settlement Agent.
- Dedicated Relocation Team specializing in the entire relocation process.
- Exclusive agent training for servicing relocation clients and properties.
- Members of the community for over 37 years.
- Experience working with government agencies and public policy.
- Seasoned management team & multi-linguel staff.
- Strong knowledge of DC, MD and VA neighborhoods.
- Experience selling hundreds of properties in DC, MD & VA.
- Fully staffed office with 4,000 sq. ft and office locations all over the state.
- Worked with over ten different financial institutions and federal agencies to help market, manage and sell REO properties in Maryland, Virginia and Washington DC MSA
- Reviewed and quality checked 10,000 BPO's and PCR's
- Sold well over 30,000 REO's in career.
- Technology and tools that would drive results.
- 200 mile radius spanning from DC
- Have a network of contractors to aid in repair bids, health and safety issues, mold/radon remediation, trash outs, rekeys and other field service requirements.
- Extensive knowledge with selling hard-to-sell properties.
- Working with HUD as selling agent and/or Listing Agent under M&M I, ll & lll
- Licensed & insured small business
- Provide Full Buyers Packet Including
- Home buying process from pre-approval to close
- The emotional cycle of buying a home
- List of trusted lenders
- Preparing to purchase a home – what to think about
- Develop Destination Area Relocation Package To Include Highlights Of Areas Of Serviced Zip Codes To Include:
- Public transportation
- Access to major highways
- Social venues with an online access
- Grocery stores
- Movie theaters
- Dry cleaners
- And more
- Showing Houses Within 24 Hours of Request Or Being Found By Agent
- Provide After Renovation Value – If Upgrades Were Needed, What Would The Value Be After Renovations
- Provide Comprehensive Real Estate Analysis
- Guidance/Preparation From Contract To Close – Including Scheduling Of All Necessary Inspections
- Use of Software To Find, Book, And Manage Any Renovation/Construction Project.
- Moving Management Strategy
- Timelines and price
- Provide competitive bids of moving companies
- Help unpack and organize new home
Progress Reports Created For Office And Company
- Provide Listing Packet to Including:
- Road map – timeline, financial projection
- Marketing approach
- Listing agreement
- Determine an accurate list price
- Gather data on comparable properties in the area
- Provide a comprehensive real estate analysis
- Provide an after renovation value if renovations/upgrades are needed
- Pre-market maintenance, repairs, and renovations
- Provide insight on any service or renovations that could help with the sale
- Use of software to find, book, and manage any renovation/construction project
- Layout strategy
- Line up consultant to discuss staging and layout for marketing photos and marketing events.
- Create marketing material
- Online presence – social media, public real estate sites
- Extensive marketing to the community and fellow agents such as brokers opens and open houses
- Guide all negotiations from contract to close
- Moving management strategy
- Timelines and price
- Provide competitive bids of moving companies
- Progress reports created for office and company
- Evaluate The Property
- Perform detailed documentation of the property and offer recommendations on repairs/improvements.
- Market The Property For Rent
- Create property ads
- Work with Realtors and other leasing agents
- Provide a 24-hour hotline and field calls from prospects
- Meet prospective tenants for showings
- Provide rental applications
- Maintenance, Repairs and Remodeling
- Access to a network of licensed, bonded, and insured contractors.
- Provide/oversee an in-house maintenance crew.
- Establish a preventative maintenance policy.
- Perform scheduled inspections.
- Larger renovation or rehab projects.
- Maintain/monitor a 24-hour emergency repair hotline.
- Determine An Accurate Rental Rate
- Gather data on rental rates in the area and work with owners to determine the optimal rental rate.
- Discuss with owners the pros and cons of different policies such as accepting pets, allowing smoking, etc.
- Through Screening And Selection
- Grade prospective tenant according to pre-defined criteria.
- Perform a background check
- Inform those were declined.
- Negiotiate lease terms.
- Tenant Move-In
- Draw up leasing agreement.
- Confirm move-in date.
- Review lease guidelines with tenant.
- Ensure all agreements have been properly executed.
- Collect first month's rent/security deposit.
- Perform detailed inspection with tenant; have them sign a report verifying the condition of the property prior to move-in.
- Tenant Move-Out
- Inspect unit and fill out a report on the property's condition upon move out.
- Provide tenant with any estimated damages.
- Return security deposit balance to the tenant.
- Forward owner's portion of the tenant deposit to the owner or hold for repairs.
- Coordinate needed repairs or upgrades.
- Put the property back oin the market for rent.
- Convenient and tighter rent collection process
- Maintain on time monthly rent collection and pursuing late payments.
- Sending out pa or quit notices
- Enforcing late fees.
- Filing relevant paperwork to initiate/complete an unlawful detainer action.
- Representing owner in court
- Coordinating with law enforcement to remove tenant and tenants' possessions.
WELCOME TO THE POWER OF EXCELLENCE
At Distinctive Relocation, we believe success is driven by excellence. Our vision is to put the power of excellence to work for YOU, transforming relocation into a more successful and rewarding experience. Our services are delivered with a standard of excellence backed by over 40 years of expertise and experience you simply won't find anywhere else.
JUST ASK SOME OF OUR CLIENTS:
"Using RE/MAX Distinctive for our relocation was the best decision that I made. They eliminated all of the little issues that could arise from a move and I have complete confidence in RE/MAX Distinctive for relocation of any clients" Matt J. - Washington, DC
"I am glad that I contacted RE/MAX Distinctive to help my family relocate. They helped me get my home ready for rent and were very professional throughout the whole process. I would recommend to anyone who is looking for relocation help to use RE/MAX Distinctive" Michelle B. - Alexandria, VA
"We called RE/MAX Distinctive because we needed to relocate overseas for a few years. I am happy that we made this call as the service they provided was first-class. Definitely the best move I made." Dan A. - Arlington, VA
Website Relocation Request